The climax of this year was the Spring Festival – the culmination and showcase of the composition department at the Conservatoire. Five days with multiple concerts, and premieres of five pieces/projects of mine! Our Spring Festival was April 13-17, 2015 in Den Haag at the conservatoire and Korzo Theater, and here is a recap of the work I presented with my colleagues. This really was a thrilling and consuming week.
Click on the blue links to read more about each project. 🙂
– A sensory theatre collaboration with Zvuv String Trio (included my composition Leaf Cycle, plus music by composer Liisa Hirsch)
– for seven players and field recording (Catchpenny Ensemble)
– (Collaboration with Iris van der Ende) – binaural sound experience for headphones in the historical 425-year-old academic garden.
– for soprano and electric guitar (with Mareen Lieftink & Ward Reijmerink) performed at the Conservatoire and Hortus Botanicus in Leiden.
– graphic score for two instruments – For this I borrowed a squeeze box from Leo to perform with “resident bassist” Cody Takacs. It’s been long since I performed one of my own pieces, and this score was challenging and fun at the same time.